As a CareOregon provider, you may have specific questions for us. Below, you'll find contact and procedural information for providers.
CareOregon Advantage is contracted with more than 5,000 providers throughout Oregon. Learn about the benefits of becoming a provider — call 503-416-4100.
CareOregon is confirming clinics' email addresses to ensure that we can contact you with system alerts and other critical information. Please send the email address(es) that you want CareOregon Advantage to use when contacting your clinic to email@example.com. Be sure to identify each email with a name and job title.
- Send your emailed claims inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: All emails containing protected health information (PHI) must be sent in a secured manner. We are unable to respond to e-mail that are not sent securely.
- Phone numbers: 503-416-4100 or 800-224-4840. Press option 3 for provider.
- Send CareOregon Advantage and OHP electronic claims to the same payor ID (93975). Do not bill separately for each plan.
- Mail paper claims to:
Attn: Claims Dept
PO Box 40328
Portland, OR 97240
Electronic HIPAA Transactions
The AMA recognizes electronic health care transactions as a cost saving, efficient way to do business and allows physicians to refocus resources on patient care. The links below provide information regarding various electronic transactions such as submitting claims, receiving payments and remittance advices.
To access your remittance advice electronically:
To receive payments via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT):
CareOregon provides a couple of options for electronic payment.
- 1. Enroll with CareOregon ePayment Center, administered by Zelis for ACH direct deposit payment, at no cost. Please contact Zelis at 855-774-4392 or email@example.com for instructions on how to register and enroll. Please note, TIN verification is required for registration and enrollment.
- 2. Enroll with Zelis Payment Network for ACH direct deposit payment or virtual credit card for a small fee (this is separate from CareOregon’s free ePayment ACH option noted above). To enroll with the Zelis Payment Network, go to their website at https://www.zelis.com/provider-enrollment/, or you can call them at 855-496-1571.
- Please note: CareOregon is not involved in any relationship with providers and Zelis Payments. It is strictly between Zelis and you, the provider.
To receive electronic remittance advice:
- 835 form: Please complete and fax back to the number listed on the bottom of the form
- 835 information guide
- Important: 835 enrollment is available through CareOregon ePayment Center, administered by Zelis. If enrolling with the ePayment center, please do not submit this form. Instead, select the option for 835 enrollment upon registration through the ePayment center.
To submit claims electronically:
- To submit claims electronically, use the same EDI Payer ID #93975 for all CareOregon entities (CareOregon Dental, CareOregon Advantage and CareOregon Medicaid claims). Do not bill separately for each plan.
- For EDI claims for which additional paperwork or documentation will be submitted, complete this form and indicate submission in the PWK segment (Loop 2300).
- Contact your practice management system vendor or clearinghouse to initiate electronic claim submission. CareOregon accepts HIPAA-compliant 837 electronic claims through our clearinghouse, Change Healthcare. Change Healthcare will validate the claims for HIPAA compliance and send them directly to CareOregon. Change Healthcare offers several solutions for providers without a practice management system or clearinghouse. Contact them at 866-369-8805 for medical claims and 888-255-7293 for dental claims.
Barrier Breakers (Provider Satisfaction Team)
Send changes or updates to your clinic(s)
Provider relations specialists
- Team assignment list
- Fax number: 503-416-1478 or 800-874-3916
Need HELP with the Portal?
- Many helpful tutorials can be found here.
- The password reminder tool can be found here .
- For password resets or if you are locked out of the portal, call 877-814-9909.
- With general questions, call CareOregon Customer Service at 503-416-4100 or 800-224-4840 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact your provider relations specialist for training.
Medical Management Department
- Fax number: 503-416-3637 or 800-862-4831