Drug management programs
We conduct drug use reviews for our members to help make sure that they are getting safe and appropriate care. These reviews are especially important for members who have multiple providers prescribing their drugs.
We do a review each time you fill a prescription. We also review our records to look for potential problems such as:
- Possible medication errors.
- Drugs that may not be necessary because you are taking another drug to treat the same medical condition.
- Drugs that may not be safe or appropriate because of your age or gender.
- Certain combinations of drugs that could harm you if taken at the same time.
- Prescriptions written for drugs that have ingredients you are allergic to.
- Possible errors in the amount (dosage) of a drug you are taking.
If we see a possible problem in your use of medication, we will work with your doctor to correct the problem.
If you want to learn more about these programs, call Customer Service at 503-416-4279 or toll-free 888-712-3258. TTY users can call 711. Our hours are: October 1 through March 31, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily; and April 1 through September 30, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday-Friday. You can also send us a secure message through our member portal.
Page last updated: October 1, 2022